Planned Unit Development (PUD) 

Our Community Association PUD Insurance Product covers the common areas of a community, such as pools, tennis courts, guardhouses, sidewalks, playgrounds, and more. The product is available for nonprofit habitational community associations that are Planned Unit Developments (PUDs)/Homeowner's Associations (HOA). 

Download our PUD flyer

PUD Product Details:

  • Competitive Rates

  • Admitted and available in all states except AK, CA, FL, HI, NY, & WA

  • AM Best "A++" rated national carrier

  • Associations up to 500 units

  • Replacement cost

  • Online Quote & Bind on

Restricted Classes (Ineligible):

  • TIV over $5M

  • Builder/developer in control of board

  • Associations with planned/ongoing construction

  • Greater than 50% of units rented/leased to others

  • Public use of facilities (guests are permitted)

  • Bridges for vehicle use (walking bridges ok)

  • Co-op, timeshare, short-term or seasonal rental exposures

  • Owned/Maintained golf courses/airfields/sewage/water treatment

  • Pools with diving boards/slides/ineligible water hazards

  • Non-mandatory association membership

  • Association organized sports leagues

  • Armed security/uninsured security

  • Marine operations/boat rentals

  • Property Risks in PC 9 or 10

  • Master Associations

  • Dam/RV Parks

Submitting New Business

To obtain a PUD quote, email the following documents to

  • Acord 125

  • Acord 126

  • Acord 140

  • Acord 141

  • CAIS Supplemental Application


If your agency is already appointed, quote now on

Not appointed with CAIS yet? Click on the Join page.

If you’d like to learn more about insurance protection for your Community Association customers, please contact:


Gary Deck

Director of Sales and Distribution

M: 916.212.8310 (best choice)

T: 888.833.4158 Ext. 109

PUD_071221_email 2021 image 600w.jpg